2018 Block of the Month
BLOCK OF THE MONTH - JANUARY 2018 THROUGH DECEMBER 2018
Amount of fabric:
I was hoping when I introduced this opportunity that we would be able to pull from our stash but I also realize now that there are some participants in the guild that work only project to project. I understand that some are purchasing fabric to be a part of this endeavor. I cannot tell you the exact amount because everyone will be making different blocks and finishing their quilts in different ways. For your BLOCKS ONLY, I would suggest a nice fat quarter bundle or no more than 1/2 yard of about 6 to 8 coordinating fabrics or theme. I cannot do better than this and the completion of our quilts with sashing, borders etc. is totally up to you. I look forward to working with you through the year. If you have questions, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
INSTRUCTIONS: This quilt belongs to you at the end of the year...the decision on what to do with it is yours: keep it, give it to a loved one as a gift, or donate it to a charity through philanthropy or one of the many other groups. So here we go....
- Pick a colorway from your stash: fifties, red and black, Christmas, fall, batiks, patriotic, scrappy...the sky is the limit.
- Each month, there will be 3 (12 inch) blocks chosen from the BOM chairperson from Quilters Cache (www.quilterscache.com). There will be a couple of applique and paper piecing but most will be traditional piecing so all can participate.
- Log onto www.quilterscache.com
- Scroll down to "where do you want to go today?"
- On the drop down screen, click on QUILT BLOCKS GALORE-FREE QUILT
- On the right side under BLOCKS BY SIZE, click on 12"
- All blocks are listed in alphabetical order. Locate the three different blocks for that
month and their accompanying instructions.
- Choose two of the three blocks for the month and MAKE THEM!
- Each month's blocks will be released at the guild meeting. They will also be posted in the newsletter and on the guild website under the MEMBERS.
- We will be making 2 (12 inch) blocks each month but you may make all 3. Two must be from the distributed selections each month. NO SUBSTITUTIONS! We will have a mini stand and show at each guild meeting. Keep up with your blocks or you will get too far behind.
- We will make blocks from January through September for a total of nine months or at least 18 blocks
- September through December you will arrange your blocks into a quilt framework of your choosing.
- In December, we will show all completed quilts at a show and tell. The quilts need to be finished but not quilted.
All blocks are from www.quilterscache.com